Create immersive 3D experiences on Roblox with Roblox Studio, a free application available on Windows and macOS.
The following system specifications ensure that Studio runs smoothly:
- Windows — Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10, running IE (Internet Explorer) version 11 or higher. For Windows 8/8.1, you need to run Roblox in Desktop Mode, as Metro Mode (the tiled start screen) isn't currently supported.
- macOS — macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and above.
- Graphics Card — A computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- Processor — Processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better.
- Memory — At least 1 GB of system memory.
- Internet Access — At least 4-8 MB/s to keep Studio up-to-date and save projects to your Roblox account.
Install Roblox Studio to begin creating immersive 3D experiences. After you install Studio on your computer, it will update periodically to ensure your version contains the latest features and fixes.
To install Studio:
Navigate to roblox.com/create.
Click the Start Creating button. A pop-up dialog displays.
Click the Download Studio button.
After Studio finishes installing, a pop-up confirmation displays. Click the Launch Studio button.
Studio is now installed on your system. To get started on creating your first Roblox experience, see Introduction to Roblox Studio.