You can create your own custom avatar clothing using Blender and Roblox's downloadable project templates. These project templates include components required for layered accessories, and can double as a mannequin to quickly begin shaping and sculpting your clothing assets. By the end of this tutorial, you will have a clothing asset that contains all the required components for a layered clothing accessory on the Marketplace.
This tutorial is intended for creators with moderate Blender experience and uses the following processes to create a clothing item:
- Modeling basic clothing using an existing mannequin shape.
- Texturing your mesh to change its surface appearance and color.
- Caging your clothing mesh using Roblox's template cages.
- Rigging your clothing mesh using Roblox's armature templates.
- Exporting your asset from Blender.
- Importing and converting the model to an accessory in Studio.