The Creator Store is where you can find all assets that are made by Roblox and the Roblox community for the Roblox community to use within their experiences, such as models, images, meshes, audio, fonts, videos, and plugins.
In addition, the Creator Store restricts use of the following practices to ensure asset safety:
- Including obfuscated code. For publicly-shared assets, it's important for creators to understand what they are putting into their experiences. If code is obfuscated, creators cannot trust that the script is only doing what it should be doing.
To open the Creator Store:
Navigate to the View tab of the menu bar in Studio.
Select Toolbox. The Toolbox window displays with the Creator Store tab open.
With millions of assets available, it's helpful to narrow the search results to find exactly what you are looking for. To find a specific asset:
In the top-left corner within the Creator Store tab, select the filter dropdown and choose an asset filter category.
(Optional) In the top-right corner, select the filter icon. The All Views and Creator filter display.
- To view an individual creator's assets, enter a specific creator's username within the Search for users field.
- Click the Apply button.
In the Search field, type what you want to find and select the search icon.
The Creator Store curates a selection of assets according to your filters.
In addition to the Creator Store's filters, you can view an asset's community approval when you hover over its tile. There are four asset community ratings:
- Gray - The asset has minimal data for the Creator Store to determine community confidence.
- Red - The asset has low community confidence.
- Yellow - The asset has moderate community confidence.
- Green - The asset has high community confidence.
Users can now leave reviews on Creator Store assets in addition to the currently available thumbs up or down ratings. To improve reliability and ensure authentic feedback, only users that acquire the asset are able to submit reviews. After submitting a review:
- Asset creators can respond to reviews, closing the feedback loop.
- The community can mark reviews as helpful for future users.
To add assets to your experience from the Creator Store:
Find the asset you want to add to your experience.
Either click the asset or drag-and-drop it from the Toolbox into the viewport.
- If your asset is a model or mesh, it displays both in the viewport and the Explorer window.
- If your asset is an image, video, or audio file, it displays in the Explorer window.
- If your asset is a plugin, it displays in the Plugins tab of the menu bar.
Some assets include scripts that allow the asset to perform specific actions, such as animating at runtime or triggering a sound when a user interacts with the asset. However, if you want to add an asset to your experience without allowing any of its scripts to trigger, you can disable the scripts within the asset.
To disable scripts:
In the Explorer window, right-click on the asset with scripts you want to disable. A contextual menu displays.
Select Disable Scripts.
Publishing assets to the Creator Store is the only way to make your assets publicly available to all creators to use within their own experiences in Studio. You can publish any mesh or image that you have imported through the Asset Manager, or any model or plugin that you have uploaded to your inventory.
In addition to being able to publish more of each asset type, verifying your account ensures that your assets are visible to creators, as the default option for discoverability for assets on the Creator Store is reserved for verified accounts. In order to verify your account, you must:
- Be at least 13 years of age.
- Have a government-issued photo ID with your picture on it, such as a driver's license, passport, or residency permit.
- Have a mobile device with a camera that can take photos of your face and ID.
For information on how to verify your account either through a government-issued ID or through a phone number, see Account Verification.