Create immersive 3D experiences on Roblox with Roblox Studio, a free application available on Windows and macOS.
The following system specifications ensure that Studio runs smoothly:
- Windows (64-bit) – Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, or 11. For Windows 10 or earlier, you also need Internet Explorer 11 or higher and the latest version of WebView2.¹
- macOS – macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and above.
- Processor – Processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better.
- RAM – 4 GB of system memory.
- Hard Disk – At least 10 GB of available hard disk space after installation.
- Graphics Card – A computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- Internet Access – At least 4-8 MB/s to keep Studio up-to-date and save projects to your Roblox account.
To install Roblox Studio:
Navigate to create.roblox.com.
Click the START CREATING button. A pop-up dialog displays.
Click the DOWNLOAD STUDIO button.
Find the Studio installer in your browser's download history and double-click the file.
- On Windows, the file is RobloxStudio.exe.
- On macOS, the file is RobloxStudio.dmg.
After Studio finishes installing, a pop-up confirmation displays. Click the Launch Studio button.
In contrast to certain other engines, every experience runs on the latest version of the Roblox engine. You should keep Studio up-to-date to utilize the latest APIs and features.
If your current version of Studio is outdated, you'll see an Update Available button in the upper-right corner. Clicking the button will prompt you to save/close the currently open place so that Studio can automatically update and restart.