Before sharing your experience, add a custom image for the game icon and thumbnail. Changing these will help players get an idea of what the experience is about.
- The game icon is the image that shows up on the Roblox Games page
- The thumbnail is the image that shows up on the game's dedicated page.
Delete the Palette
Before taking pictures of the experience for the thumbnail and icon, you may want to delete the palette so it doesn't show up.
- Drag a selection box around the objects on the palette, then press Delete.
- In the Explorer (top right), click on the search box and type baseplate. Find and click on the object PaletteBaseplate and press Delete.
Create a Game Icon
A game icon can be any image that's a good first impression of your experience when other players see it in the search or game pages. For now, use a screenshot of your world. You can always come back later and create something more in image-editting software.
Get a Screenshot
Set up your camera in Studio exactly as you want the game icon to look.
So the View Selector doesn't appear in your screenshot, in the View tab, click the View Selector icon to turn it off.
In the View tab, click Screen Shot. Nothing obvious will happen, but a screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Roblox folder on your computer.
If you're not sure where screenshots in Roblox appear, you can do the following to find the location.
- In the View tab, make sure the Output Window is open. If not, click on Output.
- Take a screenshot as normal and get a message in the Output Window. To open the folder, click on the message. This will open the folder with screenshots.
Upload the Icon
With a screenshot taken, upload it so others can see it.
In the Home tab, click Game Settings.
In the popup window, scroll down and click the dotted square next to Game Icon.
Select the game icon from the Pictures folder on your computer and then click Save. Because icons are reviewed by moderators, you'll see a temporary placeholder in the Preview section for now.
Upload the Thumbnail
For the game thumbnail, you can use the same screenshot or take another one. Thumbnails are still created in the Game Settings section.
In the Game Settings window, still in Basic Info, scroll down to Screenshots & Videos. Click on the empty rectangle.
Navigate to the Pictures folder on your computer and select the screenshot you took earlier. Click Save.
Sharing with Friends
When you first publish a experience, it's automatically set to private. Making it public in the Game Settings menu will allow friends to be able to join with a link.
In the Game Settings window, select Permissions.
Choose Public and click Save.